Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Clearing out a few cobwebs

Over the last week, I have been making a few changes to the site as I upgrade to the new Blogger template. Although I have only been writing here frequently for the last several months, I have owned the site for quite some time and it was in serious need of an upgrade. Unfortunately, some of these changes came at the expense of controlling the look and feel of the site.  However, with a few minor compromises, I was able to get the site fully functional and looking much like it did prior to the upgrade. Some new features to highlight:
  • Post labels/categories. I've been labeling my posts (i.e., tagging them by popular topics and search terms), but there was never a great to access these with the old Blogger template.You can now find the labels "cloud" over on the right-hand side, which allows you to quickly search and access previous entries by common terms.
  • Better feature integration.  With the upgraded template came improved integration of some of Blogger's most popular features, including comments, polls, pictures, polls, and more.
I will probably continue to make minor tweaks to the site within the coming weeks, but the major revisions should be fully functional.  In the meantime, if you run across any errors or something that doesn't appear to be quite right, please let me know. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the updated site!

No comments: